November is almost gone and you start to feel the lack of sunlight? It would be so simple if we all worked outside…
For people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder, it is possible to purchase lamps with therapeutic purposes; the pharmacy specialists will advise you well. That being said, natural light has a beneficial effect on the stimulation of immune system and everybody’s mood, depression or not.
If you have plenty of time and money, a trip to the south can certainly help, but just in case you don’t, here are a few simple inexpensive tricks:
- During the day, if you’re inside, open all blinds and curtains as much as you can.
- Depending on your work schedule, go and put your nose out during lunch time to take a few breaths of fresh air and most importantly a light bath.
- Enjoy your days off and play outside with the kids or take a walk, not only is it good for your spirit, it makes you work on your cardiovascular.
- Add to your diet a dose of vitamine D.
- Don’t hesitate to have a millepertuis herbal tea as this plant provides antidepressant effects.
Don’t you feel better now that you know light therapy is pretty easy!