Preparing a warm and cozy room for a soon-to-arrive newborn – whether it’s your own baby, a grandchild, a niece or nephew, or even a godchild or a friend’s baby – is an especially magical moment! Adding something personal to this warm, snug space is quite often the final touch! You could write baby’s name on a wall or hang a picture that you create… or why not make a mobile?
Mobiles are always a nice addition to baby’s room – they’re a great source of entertainment and visual stimulation for the little one. People generally choose to buy a musical motorized mobile that they place over baby’s crib. If you already have one there, dare to be different: Install a second mobile, in the same colour theme as the first, above the changing table. Your baby will spend a lot of time, while on that table, gazing upwards!
- Steel wire (must be strong enough to hold a certain shape)
- Thread (must be stouter than sewing thread) in a shade that goes with the mobile’s colours
- Cardboard of various hues
- One thumbtack (or a darning needle)
- A small jar of acrylic paint that matches the colours of the mobile