Summer is here – the season for block parties, children’s parties, and weddings! Two great projects for this time of year (that are sure to delight your kids as well) involve converting our printer stand on casters (7250-691) into a candy cart or a costume cart.
What you need:
• Our printer stand on casters or a similar piece of furniture you have at home
• Gift wrap or scrapbooking paper, in bright colors (think “circus!”)
• White glue or a hot glue gun
• Paint (in a vibrant color) for the printer stand handle
• Colored ribbons for the pennant string
• 2 long handles
• Large sheets of cardboard, “carton-type” (white is best, but brown will also work)
• Pencils for drawing a logo, or a logo you can print from a website
• Jars and candy
• Decorations that match your taste: Balloons, images, etc.
Here’s the process:
- Pennant string: Cut a series of flags out of the gift wrap or scrapbooking paper, and stick them in a row onto colored ribbons, using white or hot glue. Let the pennant string dry.
- Colored handle: Take the handle off the piece of furniture you’re using and paint it a bright color that will go with the paper you’ve chosen.